Technology Minimum Requirements.
Your computer should meet the following requirements:
· An internet connection – broadband wired or wireless (3G or 4G/LTE)
· Speakers and a microphone – built-in, USB plug-in, or wireless Bluetooth
· A webcam or HD webcam - built-in, USB plug-in, or:
· An HD cam or HD camcorder with a video-capture card.
Virtual camera software for use with broadcasting software like OBS or
Supported operating systems
· macOS X with macOS 10.9 or later
Windows 7 PLUS *·
Ubuntu 12.04 or higher
· Windows: Internet Explorer 11+, Edge 12+, Firefox 27+, Chrome 30+
· macOS: Safari 7+, Firefox 27+, Chrome 30+
· Linux: Firefox 27+, Chrome 30+
Dual-core 2Ghz or higher (Intel i3/i5/i7 or AMD equivalent)
Recommended RAM4Gb +
Fireside Analytics generally use Zoom. The bandwidth used by Zoom will be optimized for the best experience based on the participants network. It will automatically adjust for 3G, WiFi, or wired environments.
Recommended bandwidth for webinar attendees:
· For 1:1 video calling: 600kbps (down) for high-quality video and 1.2Mbps (down) for HD video
· For screen sharing only (no video thumbnail): 50-75kbps (down)
· For screen sharing with video thumbnail: 50-150kbps (down)
· For audio VoiP: 60-80kbps (down)
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of word processing.
- Demonstrate fluency with your Windows or Mac operating system. This is demonstrated by the ability to file, save, retrieve, and manipulate documents within the system.
- Access, file and respond to e-mail.
- Log onto the Internet with an Internet Service Provider (ISP).
- Navigate the Internet, including the World Wide Web (www), using the appropriate browser.
- Attach, receive, and send files/documents to others; download and open files sent to students.
- Conduct an Internet search.
Backups: As a student, it is your responsibility to both back up your own data and work and to identify an alternative computer to use should your primary computer or internet connection fail.
Minimum requirements: Hardware and software compatibility changes frequently, students should be aware these are the minimum requirements at the time of publication (January 2021). Some software may have higher technical requirements than specified here.